What do you think of when you hear the term “non-verbal communication?”
The first things that usually come to mind are body language, facial expressions, posture, and the like. But the reality is that it’s not that simple. Communication is a complex and inclusive process, and goes far beyond a smile or frown, crossed arms and slumped shoulders.
Today’s episode is all about the true science behind non-verbal communication and why it matters in our daily lives. Specifically, I’ll go over:
- How the research surrounding non-verbal communication has advanced (8:45)
- The 5 categories of non-verbal communication and how to evaluate them (11:25)
- Specific examples of how to apply this information in your daily life (25:30)
- The #1 most important question you should be asking yourself (33:15)
- The Apprenticeship – Our next Apprenticeship Communication workshop is being held in beautiful Sydney, AUS, and it’s coming up FAST! On February 25-26, we are partnering up with Athlete’s Authority to help those who are ready to identify and address their blindspots, to find out where they might be the problem in any given miscommunication. Find our entire 2023 Apprenticeship schedule HERE, and sign up today to learn the latest in power dyanamics and persuasion, and how to become more socially agile.
- The Art of Coaching Digital Community
- Our Newsletter
- E207: How Perception Impacts Communication and Relationships
Sponsorship Opportunity: For the first time ever, we are opening up our sponsorship opportunities to a broader range of businesses. So if you are looking for a unique and effective way to reach your target audience, and if you have a product that makes people’s lives better, we want to work with you! With over 2 million downloads and an audience that spans more than 136 different countries and more than 30 different professions, the Art of Coaching podcast can improve your outreach. To learn more about partnering with us, schedule a call today.
With that said, we are always sure to thank our current sponsors for their support. Today’s episode is brought to you by two of our most loyal partners, VersaClimber and Athletic Greens.
If I could only have one piece of cardio equipment for the rest of my life, it would be the VersaClimber. They are the first and the best at what they do, offering a non-impact, joint friendly strategy for getting the work you need, no matter your body type or goals. Whether you’re looking for a quick 10 minute workout or a full 30 minute cardio session, VersaClimber has you covered. For the Art of Coaching exclusive deal of 15% off, contact Versaclimber and give them the code AOC15.
Athletic Greens is a powder that contains 75 high quality vitamins, minerals, whole foods, sourced superfoods, probiotics and adaptogens. All of which support gut health, your nervous system, your immune system, recovery, and focus. So whether you’re on the road and you know that you’re not going to have access to great nutrition, you’re heading out the door and you need to ensure you have your bases covered, or you just want to minimize the chances of getting sick or worn down, be sure to check them out For a free one year supply of immune supporting vitamin D and five free travel packs with your first purchase, all you have to do is visit athletic greens.com/coach. Take ownership over your health!
Did you enjoy the show?
Your support ensures the best quality guests and listening experience.