The most dangerous phrase in any organization is “because that’s how we’ve always done it”. It’s the utterance of those scared of change, unwilling to think laterally, and clinging desperately to their comfort zone. Any true leader knows that in today’s rapidly evolving world, those who last will be those who adapt- plain and simple.
As hard as change may be, imagine trying to implement it at the ground level of an organization steeped in tradition and hierarchy like the Army. That’s what today’s guest Captain Anna Zamora is trying to do; Not only has she been tasked with implementing a new culture surrounding soldier health and wellness, she has had to prove the viability of the program to those around her and above her.
Captain Anna Zamora was a D1 strength coach from 2010-2020 with stops at Duke, Yale, UConn, Penn State, and DePaul. She’s been a member of the Army National Guard since 2010 and is currently a CPT of medical services and National Guard Director H2F at the National Guard Bureau in Arlington, VA. *You can find the rest of her bio below*
- Navigating micropolitics, power dynamics and stakeholders at work
- How to promote change & influence senior leadership in your organization
- A breakdown of how to design and use role-playing drills (and a live example!)
- Strategies to make your first 100 days at a new job more successful
Connect with Captain Zamora:
Via Instagram: @aaliciaz
Also check out:
Quick shout-out to our podcast partners: LMNT, Momentous, VersaClimber, and SAGA. Supporting them supports us and allows us to continue bringing you this content for FREE!
- LMNT: Our go-to on-the-go hydration product. With no sugar and no additives, LMNT is how I stay hydrated when training in the Georgia heat and traveling every other weekend. LMNT is offering you a free pack at DrinkLMNT.com/AOC – give them a try and let us know what you think! (Watermelon salt is my favorite).
- Momentous: For those looking for the cleanest, best tasting protein and supplements on the market, Momentous is my choice. Their products are for athletes as well as individuals who just want to ensure they are getting enough protein in their diet. Code: BRETT15 gets you 15% off.
- VersaClimber: For the most efficient, difficult, low-impact workout you’ll ever experience, you need a VersaClimber. This will forever be a staple in my home gym. Tell them Brett sent you!
- SAGA: This technology makes workouts more efficient even when you don’t have access to weight. Don’t worry about the jargon or the science, they explain it all at saga.fitness. Use COACHBRETT20 for 20% OFF!
Captain Zamora has also formerly been:
- Enlisted 371st Sustainment Brigade- Ohio NG
- Ground Ambulance Platoon Leader 141st Medical Company- CT NG.
- Battalion Medical Officer & Medical Platoon Leader, 2-112th Infantry Battalion (Stryker) PA NG
- Medical Operations Officer 108th MMB
- Medical Logistics Officer 6-54th SFAB, IL NG
- Illinois Project Officer H2F
Check her out!
Did you enjoy the show?
Your support ensures the best quality guests and listening experience.