The number one complaint we hear from coaches and leaders is “I don’t have enough time”.
But is that really the issue?
There’s plenty of data to support that on average we actually work less and have more “leisure time” than ever before…
So what gives?
Today’s episode is a deep dive into the illusion of not having enough time and the questions we should be asking ourselves to get to the bottom of this:
- Are we simply filling our idle time with other tasks?
- Is our to-do list mal-aligned with our values?
- Are we comparing our time to others?
- How are we “valuing” our time?
- Why do we hate unwinding?
- Who owns our time?
We’ll tackle these questions and other fallacies then give you a new approach* to figuring out how to make more time for the things that matter.
*Hint: it’s not to wake up earlier, use a planner, go to bed later, or set a timer…
While you’re here, check out the resources mentioned in this episode:
- Tips for being more productive: E49: Productivity That Matters
- A strategy for dealing with a day that goes off the rails: Chaos checklist
- Our online course designed to help coaches navigate careers and life: VALUED
- A free quiz to discover what drives dictate your behavior: Drives Quiz
- Want to learn how to build your brand? Come to our Brand Builder workshop!
Speaking of time and being more efficient- there’s no tool more valuable than the VersaClimber. This is the ONE piece of equipment I’ll use when strapped for time and needing a good, hard workout that won’t crush my joints. Reach out to our friends and tell them Brett and Art of Coaching you!
The Apprenticeship – Join us before the end of the year!
Follow me on social media:
Via Instagram: @coach_BrettB
Via Twitter: @coach_BrettB
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here
Learn More About My Courses, Clinics, and Live Events At: www.ArtofCoaching.com
Did you enjoy the show?
Your support ensures the best quality guests and listening experience.