Picture this: you’re talking to someone you just met at a social gathering, negotiating with a potential client or presenting to a group of skeptical attendees. Try as you might to connect with or get them to share or interact, they give you absolutely nothing in return…
It’s the equivalent of talking to a brick wall.
While frustrating, getting someone who is shy, quiet or less social to open up is one of the most useful and important skills you can build as a communicator, and it all comes down to properly deploying a few specific but underutilized tools.
On today’s episode we cover:
- The one skill that will allow you to connect with anyone
- When and why you should stop asking so many questions
- The 5 key tools / tactics to try when talking to a shy person
- How to MASTER the awkward pause
A couple announcements:
- We know selling yourself and your work can feel slimy and gross. But if you’re creating real value that can help even one person, we believe you have a responsibility to share it. If you don’t, either someone else will or you’ll be passed over and left behind.
Join us Tuesday, June 28th for a FREE workshop in which we’ll give you tools to self-promote in a tactical and ethical way so you can make the impact you want. Check out the FREE workshop here: Artofcoaching.com/impact
- Today’s episode is brought to you by Momentous. You don’t need me to remind you how important what you put in your body is and the impact it can have on your health. Whether you’re a world class athlete or someone who sits at their desk all day in the corporate world, Momentous has products that can help you perform at the highest level. They are all quality tested at the highest level, and they are for anyone who wants to feel better without overthinking their nutrition. Use Code: BRETT25 for 25% off your order.
- Support for today’s episode also comes from Dynamic Fitness & Strength. Dynamic offers the highest quality strength and conditioning equipment designed just for you, your space and your budget. Whether you’re looking to outfit your college, high school or professional gym or even just your garage, check out our friends at Dynamic and tell them Team AoC sent you!
If you want more behind the scenes, raw thoughts, and helpful tips, check out artofcoaching.com/begin!
Did you enjoy the show?
Your support ensures the best quality guests and listening experience.