You’ve been sitting on this draft for months. You want to hit send, but now you’re second guessing yourself… Why does reaching out to someone you respect and admire have to feel so awkward?
Maybe you’re asking for a job and you’re afraid you’ll get turned down and the relationship will suffer as a result.
Maybe you’re reaching out to someone who has the job of your dreams and you want insight on how they got there, but you don’t want to inconvenience them with trivial questions.
Either way, you’ll leave this episode with confidence to not only send the email but assurance that you crafted a clear, concise message that the person you’re reaching out to will respect you for.
In this episode:
- How to do your research prior to writing the email
- How to create a clear ask so your message is unmistakable
- How to choose the appropriate medium: email, phone, text, etc.
- The 3 things the person you’re reaching out to wants to hear
- A sample email you can use a template for your next introduction
Right now I’m offering signed and personalized copies of my book, Conscious Coaching for just $10 (50% off the Amazon price). Go to artofcoaching.com/book to get yours (supplies are limited)!
Also, be sure to check out our new gift guide at artofcoaching.com/shop – included are new t-shirts, sweats, beanies, mugs and even some graphic tees. If you’re still gift hunting, these are perfect for any coach or leader.
Quick shout-out to our podcast partners: LMNT, Momentous, VersaClimber, and SAGA. Supporting them supports us and allows us to continue bringing you this content for FREE!
- LMNT: Our go-to on-the-go hydration product. With no sugar and no additives, LMNT is how I stay hydrated when training in the Georgia heat and traveling every other weekend. LMNT is offering you a free pack at DrinkLMNT.com/AOC – give them a try and let us know what you think! (Watermelon salt is my favorite).
- Momentous: For those looking for the cleanest, best tasting protein and supplements on the market, Momentous is my choice. Their products are for athletes as well as individuals who just want to ensure they are getting enough protein in their diet. Code: BRETT15 gets you 15% off.
- VersaClimber: For the most efficient, difficult, low-impact workout you’ll ever experience, you need a VersaClimber. This will forever be a staple in my home gym. Tell them Brett sent you!
- SAGA: This technology makes workouts more efficient even when you don’t have access to weight. Don’t worry about the jargon or the science, they explain it all at saga.fitness. Use COACHBRETT20 for 20% OFF!
Did you enjoy the show?
Your support ensures the best quality guests and listening experience.