What an awesome conversation we have in store for you today on the podcast! Darren is a very unique individual in this industry in way that he thinks, the way that he encourages others to think more deeply, and the way that he navigated his career and relationships with everyone around him. Darren is a good friend of mine and I think you will enjoy our conversation today!
Darren is currently the High Performance Manager at Melbourne Football Club. Prior to this appointment Director of High Performance at Arsenal Football Club, High Performance Manager at Port Adelaide Football (AFL) Club, and Head of Fitness and Conditioning at Liverpool Football Club.
Darren’s current role at Melbourne involves the leadership and management of Performance (Fitness, strength, nutrition), Medical (Physiotherapy, injury prehabilitation, injury rehabilitation), Analysis (video, statistics, match/training evaluation), and Research departments.
Topics discussed today with Darren:
- Navigating the difficulties of transitioning to different jobs and how self-reflection helped Darren
- How every decision Darren made with Arsenal was always in the best interest of the team’s performance
- How surrounding yourself with very successful practitioners and intelligent people can lead to your own success
- Darren’s perspective on changing human behavior and being equipped to deal with a sudden career change
- The motivation of seeking to be emotionally invested in a group of people
- What it is the potential consequence of skipping over the message of today’s episode
Reach out to Darren:
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Twitter: @darrenburgess25
This information is kept free by our partnership with Momentous. To learn more about Momentous and what they do to help our community go to livemomentous.com. As part of the Art of Coaching audience, you can receive $20 off your 1st order of Momentous by using code BRETT20 at checkout. (Minimum purchase amount of $50).
Don’t forget to check-out and download our new free resources.
Podcast Reflection Sheets: https://artofcoaching.com/podcastreflections
How to Find a Mentor Guide: https://artofcoaching.com/findamentor
Sign up for my course: https://courses.artofcoaching.com/signup
Follow me on social media:
Via Instagram: @coach_BrettB
Via Twitter: @coach_BrettB
Subscribe to my youtube channel:
Learn More About My Courses, Clinics, and Live Events At: artofcoaching.com