John Welbourn is someone that simplifies, gets to the point, and like myself, has almost no tolerance for B.S. This is a conversation I really enjoyed having with John and I think you will enjoy our conversation as well.
John Welbourn is a former 9-year NFL starter and CEO of Power Athlete. He also created the online training phenomena, Johnnie WOD. John was drafted with the 97th pick in 1999 NFL Draft and went on to be a starter for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1999-2003, appearing in 3 NFC Championship games, and a starter for the Kansas City Chiefs from 2004-2007. In 2008, he played with the New England Patriots until an injury ended his season early with him retiring in 2009. Over the course of his career, John started over 100 games with 10 play-off appearances. He was a four year lettermen while playing football at the University of California at Berkeley. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Rhetoric. John has worked with the MLB, NFL, NHL, Olympic athletes and Military. He travels the world lecturing on performance and nutrition for Power Athlete.
Topics discussed with John today:
- John’s journey at an early age and how public shaming challenged him to feverishly pursue becoming a college football player
- John covers what it was like training as an NFL lineman in and out of season throughout our conversation
- The pivotal conversation that led John to have one singular goal in pursuing his education
- The circumstances that led John to discern between good and bad information through training and education
- How John helps his clients understand “attacking” the weights within explosive movements and compensatory acceleration
- How the weight room helped John chisel away and remove all of the rubble throughout his career
- The problems that face strength coaches today and why they’re not in control of their own destiny
Reach out to John and learn more:
Via Instagram: @johnwelbourn
Via website: powerathleteHQ.com
This information is kept free by our partnership with Momentous. To learn more about Momentous and what they do to help our community go to livemomentous.com. As part of the Art of Coaching audience, you can receive $20 off your 1st order of Momentous by using code BRETT20 at checkout. (Minimum purchase amount of $50).
Sign up for my course: https://courses.artofcoaching.com/signup
Follow me on social media:
Via Instagram: @coach_BrettB
Via Twitter: @coach_BrettB
Subscribe to my youtube channel:
Learn More About My Courses, Clinics, and Live Events At: artofcoaching.com