On episode 48 of The Art Of Coaching Podcast I am glad to be joined by one of the most fired up people I have met, Coach Garrett Medenwald. Garrett Medenwald is in his fifth year as Tennessee’s Director of Men’s Basketball Sports Performance in 2019-20. His basketball-specific training methods and emphasis on injury prevention began to bear fruit for the Vols upon his arrival on Rocky Top.
- Garrett’s background in strength & conditioning
- What are the roles of our significant others and why is this so important
- How Garrett and his wife manage the obstacles of a long distance marriage
- How to manage day to day activities that help shape the identity of a program
- The uncomfortable conversations and moments with our athletes that nobody wants to talk about
- Who are some of Garrett’s uncommon mentors
- What are some areas where Garrett is lacking accountability and what steps is he taking to address this
- The pitfalls of not holding your friends and family accountable
- What specific training regimen does Garrett use for himself
Sign up for my course: https://courses.artofcoaching.com/signup
Follow me on social media:
Via Instagram: @coach_BrettB
Via Twitter: @coach_BrettB
Subscribe to my youtube channel:
Learn More About My Courses, Clinics, and Live Events At: artofcoaching.com
This information is kept free by our partnership with Momentous. To learn more about Momentous and what they do to help our community go to livemomentous.com. As part of the Art of Coaching audience, you can receive $20 off your 1st order of Momentous by using code BRETT20 at checkout. (Minimum purchase amount of $50).
The first workshops to dive more deeply into the technical aspects of communication in coaching are now live!
If you are someone who values deep learning, the acquisition and evaluation of new skills you will actually use, as well as finding out what makes those around you tick, then we invite you to join us for our highly interactive Apprenticeship™ 2-day live event!
The Art of Coaching Apprenticeship™ is research backed, and is the first event of its kind to truly bridge the gap between skilled interpersonal communication and leadership development across domains.
Collectively, our programs have welcomed leaders of all ages from over 30 professions and 22 countries including Australia, Mexico, Canada, Ireland, Japan, Brazil, Africa, China, India, Norway and Poland.
Simply put, if you work with people in any capacity, The Apprenticeship™ is for you!
Whether your goal is to become more effective at building buy-in with those you lead, improving your ability to adapt on the fly, making critical decisions under uncertainty, or simply improving your own self-awareness as a leader, these two days will help you extract strategies that you can actually put to use.
The vast majority of our attendees seek us out specifically because they have had enough of the traditional “death-by-PowerPoint” seminars that are rife with vague self-help sound bites, trust falls, overcrowded conference rooms, shouting gurus, and topics that ignore the chaotic realities of true leadership such as:
- Navigating Power Dynamics & Politics
- Building Buy-In Across Varying Generations
- The Role of Perception in Leadership
- The Skilled and Ethical Use of Influence in Leadership
- 7 Critical Elements of Interpersonal Communication
- Strategies for Making Better Decisions While Under Duress
- The Truth Regarding Self-Awareness and Reflection
- Conflict Resolution in the New Age
- Creating Assessments and Evaluations For Yourself and Your Team
This is done through a strategic mixture of case study reviews, role playing break-outs, self and peer evaluations, film break-downs, group discussions and more.
The truth is that every leader needs a safe place to rehearse and refine their strategies for some of life’s biggest moments-The Apprenticeship™ is that place.
We look forward to seeing you!
*For questions regarding potential discounts or bespoke events please see our FAQ page and email email@example.com