Want to learn more about proper strength training principles and how to program? Check out my webinar here:
This information is kept free by our partnership with Momentous. To learn more about Momentous and what they do to help our community go to livemomentous.com. As part of the Art of Coaching audience, you can receive $20 off your 1st order of Momentous by using code BRETT20 at checkout. (Minimum purchase amount of $50).
J.L. Holdsworth is a world champion powerlifter, published author and former University of Kentucky strength and conditioning coach. With over 30,000 hours of practical experience and competition best lifts of a 905 lb. squat, 775 lb. bench press, and a 804 lb. deadlift, J.L. is no doubt one of the strongest and most experienced strength and conditioning coaches in the industry.
In 2010 he founded The Spot Athletics and has built that small private training facility into two 20,000sq. ft. locations in the Columbus, OH area. Along with his facilities, J.L. is the Co-Founder of Reflexive Performance Reset (RPR), an injury prevention and performance system being used by many top sports organizations around the world.
Topics discussed with J.L. on today’s episode:
- Who is J.L. Holdsworth and how have mistakes along the way shaped his career
- The constant evolutionary mission of J.L.’s life and how he is leveraging this today to help others
- How selfishness led J.L. down the entrepreneurial path and the opening of his own gym
- “If we don’t know and own our story, our coaching will be dictated by a story we don’t understand”
- What will happen if you do not follow the order of operations when training athletes of all levels
- The madness created by researchers coming to conclusions on powerlifting with 2/3 of the information
- The circumstances that have changed J.L.’s view of the world and understanding where people are coming from
Reach out to J.L.
Via website: www.reflexiveperformance.com
Via Instagram: @coach_jl
Sign up for my course: https://courses.artofcoaching.com/signup
Follow me on social media:
Via Instagram: @coach_BrettB
Via Twitter: @coach_BrettB
Subscribe to my youtube channel:
Learn More About My Courses, Clinics, and Live Events At: artofcoaching.com