Quick reminder that application for my Coalition™ program has reopened. We intentionally try to keep the numbers low so that we can create a deeper community that is action oriented as opposed to one that is jam-packed with passive observers. This program is open to professionals from ALL walks of life and ALL experience levels, and is accountability focused. You can submit your applications HERE. Don’t miss this opportunity to join coaches and professionals from all over the world who are already involved. Applications will only be accepted until the end of January.
This information is kept free by our partnership with Momentous. To learn more about Momentous and what they do to help our community go to livemomentous.com/brett. As part of the Art of Coaching audience, you can receive $20 off your 1st order of Momentous by using code BRETT20 at checkout. (Minimum purchase amount of $50).
On Episode 41 of The Art Of Coaching Podcast, I am excited to be joined by Todd Hamer of Union Fitness in Pittsburgh, PA. Todd recently took on the position of General Manager at Union Fitness. When this interview took place, Todd was still on the staff at George Washington University. Todd is a 20-year veteran in the collegiate strength and conditioning field. Prior to his time at Union Fitness, Hamer spent time at George Washington University, Robert Morris University, George Mason, Marist College, VCU, The Citadel, UNC and Pitt.
- The differentiation of job security vs career security
- How Todd defines quality of life
- The negatives of compartmentalizing life
- Ditching infallibility to show you’re human
- “Becoming savagely good at the basics of programming”
- “Keeping everything in control”
- Todd’s humbling experience of being fired from a 12 year University job
- Not letting your job define you
- “You look like you killed a man in the woods of Colorado”
- Focusing on making an impact on people under your care vs making an impact on social media
- Why Todd thinks you should tie yourself to the administration of your school and align with their goals
- Knowing how to become a good follower translates to being a better leader
- What is the worst advice Todd has ever heard or been given?
- How does Todd learn best?
Reach out to Coach Hamer:
Via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Instagram: @toddhamer1
Sign up for my course: https://courses.artofcoaching.com/signup
Follow me on social media:
Via Instagram: @coach_BrettB
Via Twitter: @coach_BrettB
Subscribe to my youtube channel:
Learn More About My Courses, Clinics, and Live Events At: artofcoaching.com