Today I am honored to be joined by my friend and neighbor, Retired suburban Chicago Police Chief Greg Baker. Greg spent 34 years working in law enforcement became the first African American Police Chief in Park Forest, IL, Riverdale, IL, and South Holland, IL. He shares his amazing journey and story with me on this episode.
- Life experiences that led Greg to law enforcement
- Dealing with prejudice early on while trying to apply to the Chicago police department
- Navigating his early career path with the Park Forest Police Department
- The importance of listening to learn in life
- How Greg handled the skeptics when taking on leadership roles
- People that Greg saw enter law enforcement for the wrong reasons and how this translates into other careers
- “You’ve got to inspect what you expect”
- Handling the everyday stresses and uncertainty of being a police officer
- The impact Greg’s wife has had on his life
- The human aspect of personal service slowly going away
- Building a relationship with your local police department
E-mail email@example.com that you would like to donate to local Atlanta Police Departments and we will send you a copy of my book, Conscious Coaching. All proceeds will be donated.
This information is kept free by our partnership with Momentous. To learn more about Momentous and what they do to help our community go to livemomentous.com. As part of the Art of Coaching audience, you can receive $20 off your 1st order of Momentous by using code BRETT20 at checkout. (Minimum purchase amount of $50).
Sign up for my course: https://courses.artofcoaching.com/signup
Follow me on social media:
Via Instagram: @coach_BrettB
Via Twitter: @coach_BrettB
Subscribe to my youtube channel:
Learn More About My Courses, Clinics, and Live Events At: artofcoaching.com