I am pleased to be joined by friend and colleague Mark Fitzgerald. Mark previously worked as the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Anaheim Ducks and was the Head of Performance and Nutrition for the Canadian Hockey league, where he oversaw the combine development program and implemented many unique nutritional and educational programs. In addition, he owns Elite Training Systems, a high-performance training center that caters to athletes from all sports. Mark is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
- Mark’s background and obstacles overcome
- Mark’s early days and the doubts he had on a career in Strength and Conditioning
- Early on influencers of Mark and the evolution of becoming an entrepreneur
- “The best defense against a recession is being damn good at what you do”
- Mark’s mentality of never letting anyone outwork him and where that came from
- The use of haptics in Mark’s coaching
- How Mark manages his time
- What does communication in coaching mean to Mark and how does he work on this?
- Has Mark ever been critical of himself as a father and husband due to sacrifices made in his career?
- Do future coaches ever consider the responsibilities of raising a family early on in their career?
- Making your clients visit to you the best part of their day and how Mark implements this into his staff’s mindset
Reach out to Coach Mark:
Via website: markfitzgerald.net
This information is kept free by our partnership with Momentous. To learn more about Momentous and what they do to help our community go to livemomentous.com. As part of the Art of Coaching audience, you can receive $20 off your 1st order of Momentous by using code BRETT20 at checkout. (Minimum purchase amount of $50).
Read my book: https://amzn.to/314zoTh
Sign up for my course: https://courses.artofcoaching.com/signup
Follow me on social media:
Twitter & Instagram: coach_brettB
Subscribe to my youtube channel:
Learn More About My Courses, Clinics, and Live Events At: artofcoaching.com