Be sure to sign-up for a free sample and updates regarding my online course Bought In which goes live again August 27th. For the first few days we will be offering $100 off the total price. Go to https://courses.artofcoaching.com/ now to get the latest notifications sent to you!
You can receive $20 off your 1st order of Momentous by using code BRETT20 at checkout. (Minimum purchase amount of $50). This information is kept free by our partnership with Momentous. To learn more about Momentous and what they do to help our community go to livemomentous.com/brett
Reach Out To Coach Donskov:
Twitter & Instagram: @Donskovsc
Via Website: https://www.donskovsc.com/
On this episode of The Art Of Coaching Podcast, we are joined by founder and head performance coach at Donskov Strength and Conditioning, Anthony Donskov. Anthony has years of experience both as a player, Strength Coach and business owner. Donskov is a frequent contributor/writer for Michael Boyle’s www.strengthcoach.com, the best source for performance enhancement information on the Internet, and has lectured for the NSCA and USA Hockey respectively. He continues to work with athletes of all levels including minor hockey, junior hockey, college hockey, NHL, and assisting with the USA Women’s’ National Hockey Team.
- Anthony’s journey and background
- What inspired Anthony to pursue Doctoral route
- Forced complications of coaching methodologies and serial specialists
- Anthony’s methods of athlete assessment.
- Directive approach vs. cooperative approach of coaching
- Holding the coaching veterans accountable vs. new coaches
- Using criticism to build knowledge
- Being a criticizer vs. contributor
- Knowing if what you’re doing is working or not in coaching
- What does Anthony see as a successful interaction?
- Evaluating coaching
- Identifying the right type of strength coach to hire
- Anthony’s advice on coaches seeking job opportunities
- What is the next step for strength and conditioning as a community?